Snake invasion

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't like to kill also, but when you bring a animal in to your home it is your responsibility to protect that animal. The snake would not have left till all prey is gone. My dogs,rabbit and fish are all under my protection, I will do what ever is needed to make sure they are safe.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If a water snake comes to my pond... it's a dead snake... don't care what animal control thinks... my fish will back me up.

Now if it is a grass snake that doesn't eat fish... then take pictures together and be on our merry way.
A couple of years ago we made the mistake of relocating (not killing) 2 snakes! At first it seemed like the right thing to do, the frogs were back, the chipmunks came to drink as they used to etc....but the following year the chipmunk moved closer and started building their homes behind the waterfalls and in between the stones, chewing holes in the liner everywhere!
Removing those snakes caused a chain reaction ending with us having to redo the entire pond!.....lesson learned? We will never again interfere with Nature!

Edited to add: The snakes I'm talking about here, aren't poisonous! :)

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Trophy killing is different than defending your property and what lives, on that property. Many dogs are also killed by wild boar (those guys are Viscous!) every day.
Ill defend anything on my property that I own, with whatever I can, against anything that tries to harm something.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ok AR and shooting at a snake in a pond not good ;):)I hate snakes and no matter what kind they are they can go live someplace else .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I do not think that those are copperhead. I have copperhead den(s) on my property so I can identify them from a mile away now. 4-5 of them got caught up in deer net and died from last year alone. This year I already saw 3, 2 dead in the deer net again and 1 next to the chicken coop. The one near the chicken coop still has green tail so it's the baby.
I dont mind snake but I will try to get rid of copperhead as my duck already got bitten by one and died and I have to think about my son too. I rather have king snake...
My boss got bitten by copperhead and 2 years later the foot that's bitten still more swollen and darker than the other foot...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I have a large garter snake visiting my pond this year as well. Have seen him several times but have not been able to get a hold of him. I have lost some fish since spring but not sure if its the snake, frogs or a couple of stray cats I've seen around here. If I can get him I will get rid of it. Relocate down the road. We have bull snakes around also but have never seen any in the pond. Nothing poisonous around here.

Ask a Question