Snakes in the pond

brc

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Gemma go to youtube and type in bullfrogs hunting, you will be shocked

It's amazing, what a frog is able to stuff down its throat and digest - like a whole mouse, bones and all. If you think about the mechanics of how that could happen, it's kind of impressive..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Nyboy - You mean like this one? We call him Mr. Bigg. And yes, he had already done away with every other frog in the pond. Eventually he moves on every year and then the little guys come back.

Mr. Bigg.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
For the record, he didn't get that one down his throat, nor did he swallow any of the others that he caught and killed. But that didn't stop him from trying.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Nyboy - You mean like this one? We call him Mr. Bigg. And yes, he had already done away with every other frog in the pond. Eventually he moves on every year and then the little guys come back.

View attachment 110963
I hate to think that mine will be back and try getting my little baby fish again, is there a way to discourage a bullfrog?

Ask a Question