So how did everyone fair coming out of winter

Reaction score
Started my pond up two days ago. All my 11 Koi and 1 goldfish made it through the winter:). Noticed today they are munching on the algae in the pond. The last couple of days our high has been in the low 60's.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Darn winds and polar vortex, the pond went from 62 yesterday to 52 today. A lot of surface area to help cool off the water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I hear you Addy, winds are crazy and we are getting hit with snow today and tomorrow. We have about 4" now and 5" to 8" tomorrow. Crazy weather. This week is going to be really cold also.

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We were supposed to get snow, it went away, but the winds have not stopped, currently 33 wind chill of 26

Reaction score
Country
United States
We opened the pond last weekend, also cleaned the skimmer box and all of the waterfall filters. Everyone (the 6 koi and the two humans worrying about them) made it through the the winter. We still have stiff winds but mild temps (in the 60's) so the fish were happy to start eating.

The water is fairly clear and free of algae. So far so good!

Ask a Question