j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You are getting there and yep it takes a lot of time to clean sometimes when somebody else left you the mess to deal with after years of neglect.

Casbah

Muckraker
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm happy to report that there seems to be light at the end of the (current) tunnel.

The water has cleared enough to see the bottom again, and I'm not pulling near the copious amounts of sludge thru the filter. The water still has a tannin tint to it, and at some point I plan to start running a quilt-batten layer in my filter. The plants are mostly potted and are back in the pond, albeit looking a little sad from the haste to beat the darkness on Sunday.

Sadly, my survivor pinkie with the long fins was a floater when I checked the pond this morning. He had been lethargic before this last muck-out and I'd hoped for the best but it wasn't meant to be. Everybody else is happy and schooling for food whenever I go look. Hopefully I can get more 'enjoy' and less 'chore' from my water feature!

With pics... Pitiful repotted plants on the shelves, I can see my fish! And, puppies see them too...

20190723_194812.jpg20190723_194832.jpg20190723_194947.jpg

Ask a Question