Some fish problem, apparently

Reaction score
The intake tube wasn't in my qt tank but my pond. The fish had already spent 10 uneventful days in qt. My setup was a prefilter attached to the intake tube. The intake tube went into a canister, and the canister was connected to a 1200 gph pump. I believe it was the hose from the canister to the pump that had split. My husband made the discovery. I had 4 fish completely disappear. My husband only found remains of 1 fish, but since they disappeared at the same time I surmised that they all met the same fate. I suppose they could have been taken by a predator.

Especially for being suburbia, we have a lot of wildlife--raccoons, foxes, coyotes, owls, hawks.

Could they have been ill or dead prior to their disappearance? It's certainly possible, although I had observed no sign of illness in them.

My point was that I find the prevalence of such serious visible illness in so many fish to be alarming. Either the pond is infected with something or some vendor is selling a lot of sick fish

Ask a Question