Best Wholesale or Discontinued Pond Supply Sites?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Hey, Just wanted some references to a good Pond Supply website in the states that sell Discontinued Pond Supplies or at Wholesale prices? I checked out 123ponds.com and that was a Joke! They sell the same items I can get on Amazon.com listed at $400 and they list them for $550+ as an example and say they are a "CLEARANCE" Item :LOL:

Maybe any overstock site would work too, if not I guess I can stick to E-bay and Amazon, but it's worth a try :dunno:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Dave's pond Indiana said:
Just went and checked this link they are selling seahorse 1hp for $349.99 I bought mine from foster&smith for $289.99 they have catalog and online sales sometimes cheaper online.
What did you pay for shipping? They have the same pump on E-bay for $344 free shipping

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
so far all I have used or found is petmountain.com and have googled sights but can't find anything really good .I did use big als online 1 time but they are not as cheap as pet mountain and hope some one finds a sight besides the normal ones ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Im trying to get on with this Wholesaler who sales only to retailers and gave them my FIN# and Tax ID so hopefully I can see if these prices are all that different from regular retail :fingersx:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I did find a wholesaler online but you have to buy in bulk .My son is a contractor but with this stuff he only gets the contractors discount and not all companies will give it to you .That fish place in PA is good ,I visited there store when I was up there .Pet mountain has free shipping and no taxes on orders over 49 dollars all the time .They have a big sale on stuff now .I bought up stuff

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Jason you know that old adage never look a gift horse in the mouth, well the same can be said for these discount sites .
We buy all our books from Amazon and have bought equipment via ebay before saving a small fortune in money like the koi measuring and viewing bowl we bought for £19.00 normal price £90.00
Plus to email dealers for catologes so you can compare prices with these discount sites

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't even trust ebay ,I bought an aerator from a guy on there and it came broken and sent pics to him how damaged the box was and he would do nothing and ebay did nothing for me either .That was over 3 years ago .Now if I buy there I buy from 1 that actually has a store sight also .The guy had a great reputation until all the complaints started coming in at once .I guess ebay banned him because I have not seen him on since .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
ebay is more or less a dead loss as far as a place to sell for special interest collectors, untrustworthy, bad reviews, high costs, bad risks, pitfall traps, awful rates of fraud and theft, misselling, hostile and misleading, rigged dsr and feedback ratings. Little more than a revolving to sucker sellers gullible enough to take the risk, sell at a loss

Might be time to try other venues like amazon, ebid.net, bonanza, webstore, which are far better than what ebay has degraded to.

Also, local markets on facebook, craigslist, yard sales, much better venues than ebay for buyers and special interest sellers to get along.

Regards, andy
http://swglist.wordpress.com/
http://www.pinterest.com/adavisus/pondering/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Well I did get an account setup with Discountpondsupplies.com but they don't save you money lol. I can get the same prices or cheaper on e-bay and amazon for some of the stuff they carry. There are certain things that are cheaper like spitters, they have a great veriety of spitters ranging from $2 to $20 and most I have never seen before. I have ordered all of my pond supplies from E-bay and Amazon with 0 problems with either. I got out bid the other night on a TotalPond 3,600 GPH eco pump for $42 free shipping by a dollar, I was mad, especially only 3 seconds left when I made my bid :censored:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I look at the clearanced out stuff at lowes .I also look at places like ollies and biglots come spring because they get all the old stuff from the stores that restock .Last year they had lots of stuff .Check out places like northern tool and overstock.com
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53268]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53267]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53175]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53173]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53171]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53170]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53169]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53168]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53167]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53166]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53165]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53163]