sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought the can of rubber at lowes hardware here and found nice rocks and clean them and rubbed vaseline on them and did it in my basement so they would cure slower . I have even made elephant ear and banana ear out of cement and cured them in my basement for 4 t 6 months , I make them sturdier with added window screen between the layers of cement . I saw video's on youtube and decided to try it . I have given several of them away as gifts

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b/9a
Country
United States
I bought the can of rubber at lowes hardware here and found nice rocks and clean them and rubbed vaseline on them and did it in my basement so they would cure slower . I have even made elephant ear and banana ear out of cement and cured them in my basement for 4 t 6 months , I make them sturdier with added window screen between the layers of cement . I saw video's on youtube and decided to try it . I have given several of them away as gifts
Hmm, was it like plastidip? Or was the rubber intended to be used for this purpose? I have already ordered a roller from amazon cuz it's cheap and easier...but I would like to know for future purposes!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am not sure I have none left and looked in lowes today when I was out but could not find it . I used a stone from my own yard to make the rubber stamp . I dug several arge stones up in my yard and it took me a week to dig up one because it was so big . Then pry bar and shovel and then my muscles and a handtruck to move it . I used it after I was done making the rubber stamp for my address sign

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b/9a
Country
United States
I finally got rid of all the dirt around the bog and the yard of pea gravel that I didn't put back in the bog. Talk about back-breaking! I can't believe I moved all that in years ago.

I want to make a sample cap stone this weekend to see how it turns out. If my stamp roller shows up in time anyways. I am planning to roll the top of the stones. If I can find that rubber you were talking about I could make make some strip molds for the side of the cap stones (I'd have to have strips so they could sit inside the mold). That way the top and exposed sides would be textured. I have plenty of flatstone and other stones I took off the old pond that I could use to make the molds.

I got this roller: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KCGLPH9

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wonder if you can buy it on ebay or amazon . I went to lowes and home depot when I was in Danville today and could not find it . I did not hold onto the can or the label which is unlike me .I even looked through my old pics and you can see the can but not the name on it only the directions that are messed up from me pouring it out of the can / Maybe on youtube you can find info on it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b/9a
Country
United States
Installed a new cobblestone path and used my new concrete texture roller to dress up the sides of the bog walls. Next step will be building the cap stones.

2W79iMl.png

OxvVhYN.png

Before and after of the concrete texture.

CppAhT2.png

0ETPEzZ.png

eCFvhhO.png

2fSTAK4.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b/9a
Country
United States
I still have not built the cap stones (I have a plan though!). I've been working on house renovations instead. But the pond sure seems to be waking up. The bog is establishing again. My Hosta is blooming. My new water lily is blooming. And most importantly the blanket algae is going away. No fish yet either, since I wanted to wait until all the concrete work was done and things were stable.

Please excuse the rest of the mess. I'm almost finally done re-siding my house by myself after three years! Thanks covid/inflation!

Edit: Are my pictures showing up? They show up in the post editor but not when I view my posts.

BBWEjqK.jpg

KbPdc1r.jpg

00y7wZN.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b/9a
Country
United States
I just posted direct links to them instead of embedding them into the post. Probably a glitch...unless the forum changed something.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Same here you should try to attach them as jpgs

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hmm as I was typing the above statement the pics were boxes with an x . But after leaving the post open a minute the pictures loaded as I can see them now

Ask a Question