Spotted Salamander Party in Pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean skip it this year and see what happens? If you like wildlife then I think you’ll like the results. I think most ponds(mine anyways) always start off a little swampy but once the aquatic plants emerge they’ll start sucking up the excess nutrients and eventually clean things up…at the same time you want some surface agitation via a waterfall or air stone. I try to get those running as soon as possible to prevent any surface scum to begin with.
I dont have any aquatic plants except one lilly. I run an aerator all winter and then after the winter 8 hours a day and it does have a waterfall

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I dont have any aquatic plants except one lilly. I run an aerator all winter and then after the winter 8 hours a day and it does have a waterfall
Ahhhh. I mean each their own but I think the secret is plants. More the better. Plants at all levels. Underwater, marginals, around the edges. But I know some people want the pristine no plant look

Ask a Question