Spray liner suggestions

Reaction score
Hi, I'm writing looking for some tips. I had two preexisting boulder walls where I dug an approx 200 gallon hobby pond. I'm running into a problem with finding what to use to line it. I do not beeline there is enough space to use a poly because the boulder walls don't leave enough room to get a solid secure placement. So I was wonder if there are any easy to use spray on liners or fiberglass. Something that I can just spray on to the existing hole that I dug. Any suggestions help. Thanks guys and gals!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 306

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome!

I don't know about anything to spray on dirt -- seems like it would peel or fall away. You could get a rubber or PVC liner to put in the hole.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Maybe some other members will chime in. Lots of folks here have done different things -- some have worked and some haven't.

Reaction score
Matt what is your aversion to doing what everyone else does... Buy a liner?
I had to dig it between two pre existing boulder walls, so it would have to be a custom plastic liner. And I don't like those cheesy pre built ones. I'll figure something out. Will post pics of the completed project

Reaction score
Oh yea, I thought you were talking about one of those plastic mold deals. Ill prolly end up using poly I just run into a problem when securing it down. There isn't much room at the top

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And does that plastic look legit or is it all wrinkly?
It's not actually plastic. There are some liners made of rubber (my preference), EPDM, and some made of PVC. The PVC ones don't "mold" as easily to your hole. You make a little berm to raise the edge (is that area next to the boulder the one you're concerned about?), then tuck the excess liner between the boulder and the dirt berm to secure it. Disguise the edges with more rock.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm not following you. A liner is a waterproof tarp. Can be bought in nearly any size and fit any hole.

Right. It's just a sheet of material that you put in the hole. Use something underneath that, though, called an underlayment -- it will protect the liner from tears or punctures.

Check out some of the "build" threads on here to see how it's done.

Ask a Question