Sweet PDZ

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
3 ways to rejuvenate zeolite...
Instructions
  1. Brine-soaking method
      A solution of ordinary salt and water can be used to recharge zeolite.

Make a strong brine solution by dissolving noniodized table salt in warm water at a rate of at least 4 tbsp. to 1 cup of warm water. More can be used, but it will not enhance the effect to any appreciable degree .

Immerse the zeolite in the brine, and let it soak for at least nine hours. A 24-hour soak is best

Rinse the zeolite thoroughly with fresh water. Tap water will work just fine, but distilled or reverse osmosis water can be used for a final rinse if you have concerns about contaminants.

Replace the zeolite in the aquarium filter.

Heat Method

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Remove the zeolite from its mesh bag or other container and spread the zeolite in a single layer on a baking sheet.

Place the zeolite in the oven and let it bake for 30 minutes.

Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the zeolite to cool before placing it back in its filtration container.

Sun and Air Method

Place the zeolite on a baking sheet or other flat, portable surface and spread it out in a single layer if possible. If it is enclosed in a sealed mesh, simply place the bag on the surface.

Put the zeolite in a location where it will receive direct sunlight for the greater part of the day.

Allow the zeolite to sit in the sun and fresh air for two days.

Rinse the zeolite and place it back into its filtration container

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_7503725_improve-zeolite-absorption.html#ixzz2Y5bYs4Gx

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
The PDZ I put in the the tub in the tub in the first picture did not make a noticeable difference.

Because I have to change water every 24hrs I can run a test a day. I am trying about an inch of PDZ between two layers of bonded filter floss in an air driven filter today.

If that does not work the next thing to try would be a fludized bed driven by a small power head. Starting to get complicated. Or maybe just scatter it on the bottom of the mixing tub which is a bit on the messy side. What the heck I will give that a try in the 2nd mixing tub and get two tests in today.

Reaction score
I found the pdz horse refresher at Tractor Supply for $9.00 for 25 pounds. Haven't been to get it yet. Don't know what size the granules are. I don't have an ammonia problem in my pond, Just in the 100 gallon fry tub and a water change about every three days usually takes care of situation.

But when I get to that side of town I will buy some and experiment with it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It has worked in the doubled up dollar store bags so far and they have been in and out of the ppond to be cleaned and sometimes i just throw it in my plants instead of refreshing it ,

Reaction score
I called the company who makes PDZ and asked them if they had different granular sizes. I was told it only comes in 1 size. I was thinking about using weed liner inside of a laundry bag. I use it when I line pots for putting in the pond.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
PDZ is not working for me. A quick look on the net

"However, due to the high affinity of some zeolites for calcium, they may be less effective in hard water and may deplete calcium."

I have never actually determined what the hardness in our water is but there is a good chance it is calcium.

Ask a Question