Swimming with the Fishes

Reaction score
I also like the crocks idea. Slipperyness was the only thing holding me back. Decided I too will take the plunge. The other suggestion I use now is the quilt batting. Since we had been taking all of our rock out it really stirred things up. I use a minnow bucket that has little slat openings around the bottom of the bucket. Hubby drilled a hole for the 1 1/2" pipe to go in the top. I set this on my plant shelf with my pump hanging in the water 2 ft. down. My hubby likes this suggestion as well. When I first got the quilt batting and put it in a nylon bag under the waterfall he told me it was a wate of time. Well guess what? One week later I found him grabbing more batting out of the bag and he put it on the plant shelf with the pump hose stuck inside. I harassed him (he he....) telling him I thought it would not work. He ate his words. He liked my idea about the minnow bucket since we had an extra one. I like this better than the nylon bag cuz it is easier to clean. This method has really cleared up the mess and we will continue to do this as needed. Love it!

Reaction score
My pond is only 8' x 8' across, but is six feet deep, so I have to get in to do some maintenance. It has VERY steep sides, there's no walking in it (but also no trouble with racoons :) ), swimming/treading water only!

My fish swim all around me - they're not shy at all and tend to nibble at my arms and legs.

In the summer I love to sit on the pond edge and dangle my feet in - a great way to keep cool! Of course I'm not doing that this summer, since I'm extremely pregnant and my balance is terrible - I'm likely to fall in lol.

Ask a Question