Pond from a swimming Pool

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
hi guys i found this forum in hope of help

Currently in portugal and have a swimming pool.

I need to firstly clarify that the "pond" in question will actually be a natural pebble chlorine pool about the same size as two hot tubs. 4mcub max - So its not fish related.

Its position is slightly below the surface of the swimming pool approx 20 meters away dug out in very rocky ground. However the current pump room is below the surface of both.

My first idea was to just spur off the current inlet of the existing swimming pool pump and spur off the outlet of the sand filtration tank.

so my first question - After thinking will this cause a problem to create either the pond to overflow or empty ? or is there another way to go about using the same pump and filtration tank for two separate water masses...? or will ultimately i need a 2nd pump and sand tank (which will go in same pump house)?

the second question - due to the rocky ground of the pebble pond the inlet pipe to any pump needs to come above the water surface of the pond (although from bottom of pond) and then a gradual gradient down to the pump house. - will a pump work this way to create suction enough to pull water above the water line and then 20m away to the pump house
further more the pond return water will be about 3m rise and about 20m away....will a decent pump also take this issue

thanks

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, I'm looking for advice for my pool conversion to pond. Did you complete this project?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes a pum
3m rise and about 20m away....will a decent pump also take this issue
Sure there are pumps that can handle those lengths without question but 60 feet away from the source and 12 feet high is a decent amount of head pressure but hardly the end of the world.
is there another way to go about using the same pump and filtration tank for two separate water masses
if you have an equalizer of some sort you could make it work it's like a pool that also has a Jacuzzi same pump two what appear separate areas but in order to balance the two a hose/ equalizer will be needed . if not you will never be able to balance what are gets only so much water. there has to be an over flow

Ask a Question