Tarp Liner

Reaction score
Well my welding of my cracked pond liner was an epic fail. The crack became slightly enlarged. Since its hpde no adhesive will stick to it. I dont was to spend 60 bucks for a pond liner. Could I just toss a tarp in the pond?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
clemsonguy1125 said:
Well my welding of my cracked pond liner was an epic fail. The crack became slightly enlarged. Since its hpde no adhesive will stick to it. I dont was to spend 60 bucks for a pond liner. Could I just toss a tarp in the pond?

Would the double side liner tape work? That stuff sticks to everything. You could surround the crack with double sided tape and place a piece of liner on the tape over the crack. You could also get some single sided tape and tape down the edges of the liner.

You would end up with a piece of liner, double side tape near crack, and single side tape around the edges of the liner.

You may want to check into 5200 marine sealant, home depot carries it
http://www.3m.com/Product/information/Marine-5200-Adhesive-Sealant.html
I was having issues getting stuff to stick to my liner, (not epdm) the 5200 worked.

I can check, may have enough double side tape to be able to send you a little.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
clemsonguy1125 said:
thanks, I just found a sheet of 8x10 liner for 24 bucks on amazon. Stuffs called frig skin. I think I am just going to use that, thanks for the offer though

It is pvc and 20 ml, so just be real careful with it so you do not tear when installing.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is thinner than pond liner, 20ml and won't last as well in uv light. And it is a lot better than using a tarp. You will be putting it in formed container, so you won't have to worry about rocks etc, like with any liner treat it gently as you install it.

And good luck, post some pictures as you go, we love to see, what people are doing.

Reaction score
Just ordered it got a 10x10 for 30 bucks, would you say it would be fine for 2 years, its got a 5 year warrenty, need to level it and pack so clay around it. I poured topsoil under the wings(or the plant shelves). So I need to compact this as I fill but I should have it up and going next week.

Reaction score
Yeah but im not staying in this house for more that 3 more years so theres no need to spend 70 more bucks for 50 years. Installing this thing is a ot more complicated than digging a hole and dropping it in. I dug the hole and poured sand on the bottom to level it out. Then I poured top soil under the plant shelves then packed clay around that. Im still worried the top soil will compress to much and the plastic shell will deform.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The only way to know sometimes, is to put water in it and see what happens.

Ask a Question