The battle against Algae- Dan Rodgerson

Reaction score
I have read a bunch on the battle against algae and have been watching my circulations, making sure I do not overfeed or have too many fish. One thing that has really worked this year was pond dye. My wife hates it but it works.

Is the idea of putting Barley in the pond to battle algae an Urban Legend?

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Daniel-Rodgerson/1453980942

Last edited:
Reaction score
A UV light was the best investment I made. It turned the pond from pea green to clear in a few days and has kept it that way. Summer is too short to wait for things to clear up. I waited two years and nature never took over.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It depends on the brand of barley .Bales not sure they do anything .But I bought 3 kinds of liquid barley and peat and found that 1 had a bad smell (pondcare )and did not work in the stock tank and was a clear liquid another was dark and smelled like you would think barley and peat should smell (tetra)and worked great and third was semi clear but also did nothing (microblift ) so to me the tetra was the best out of 3 .Sick fish i found national geographic meds worked the best .My big aggie injured herself and now in a stock tank since it happened and she looks great .Freak accident that shocked me .They also have ick relief and it worked great on some sick fish from another ponder here where i live.My opinion and only by my testing

Attachments

• first water lily 7-13-15 024.JPG
    first water lily 7-13-15 024.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 211

Ask a Question