The Good Banter Thread

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
addy...early 80s for me too...it was in a breif case,.. it was for business only!. but the trend is now, to dump the landline altogether and go cellular for everything. i'm not big on texting myself either, my daughter will text me from across the room. in the time it takes me to type one text, i could have had a complete conversation. thats why some of my posts could be more detailed, i hate typing. i type one handed, search and peck style. cuz i dont wanna sit up to the desk here!...lol

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
377240_263787023675862_1944794219_n.jpg

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I can fully understand the folks who use cell phones for business, and if I were in their shoes I'd have one too! I just don't think that I'm important enough to NEED to be available at all times. However, I am debating an upgrade from this old dial phone. It bothers my arthritis!! :fingersx:
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I only have the cell phone w/ no minutes. Just use it as a 911 only phone. Did you know that any cell phone can be used that way even if you don't buy minutes? Just keep it charged up and that's it. Used it the other day for the 1st time when a dog was trying to attack me.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
now walmart has the phone plan for 7.99 a month or you can look into consumer cell plans .My neighbor retired only pays 1.99 a month and no plan .She has 500 minutes a month .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just saw something interesting on pondbiz .com a chlorine chlorimine hose filter adapter for those with city water 34.95 .Never have hear of anything like it says it is good for a year at 7500 to 10,000 gallons .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Only phone service we can get to work in our area is through Verizon so we are stuck w/ using the cheapest one of those which would be the straight talk plan for $30 a month. We checked into all the others and they won't get reception up here on our hill. My hubby has the Straight talk one and I decided I don't need one w/ minutes so just use an old un-minuted one for 911 calls only. We can share his if I need a talk to anyone phone.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
sissy said:
just saw something interesting on pondbiz .com a chlorine chlorimine hose filter adapter for those with city water 34.95 .Never have hear of anything like it says it is good for a year at 7500 to 10,000 gallons .
its just a tube full of activated carbon and zeolite. 10,000 gals aint much for $35.00

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was wondering since chemicals are not cheap for people .I just use my old well filter and buy carbon filters for in it .This way the water coming out of the hydrant pump which is not filtered by my whole house filter gets cleaner .I just run it slow and put the timer on it .Well filter screws right onto my hose ,19 dollars at tractor supply and 10 dollars for 2 filters

Reaction score
Country
United States
I seriously don't think I could live without my cell phone :lol: Had one for many years that I only kept for emergency purposes. Came in great when I was going somewhere and got lost (I have a tendency to do that, no sense of direction at all) and also was wonderful when I drove a piece of sh*t car that was breaking down all the time :censored: I swear the people at AAA got to know me by my voice :redface: For a while when I was really tight with my budget I had the home phone turned off and kept only the cell. Once I started texting I found that I love it. I would much rather send off a text message than have an entire conversation with someone most of the time ;) Anyway I'm kinda stuck with Verizon as they have the best coverage. Living by the lake it is really hard to get good reception all the time. Actually had the home phone turned back on because it was so irritating when the phone would break up or I would lose a call. Have a smart phone now with unlimited internet access and I have to admit I am addicted to it. I really don't like paying the extra $30 a month (per phone, hubby has one too) but I can't imagine not having it......yikes :rolleyes:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The taxes they add onto the cell phones cost just about as much as the phone service .I rely on my gps when I get lost .They tax you to death on everything .When I first moved here coverage was limited and had my cell phone from NJ and they had no company down here so I would have to keep my NJ number and pay long distance so they canceled it for me .Now they rent spaces here on land to put up more cell towers .My sister has verizon and cannot get cell phone service up in Hillsville Va but NTelo's does and she had to call her hubby from my phone .She tried 5 times while we were there and ended up using my phone .She had trouble with hers down in Cherokee NC too and I got threw with my phone with no problems .

Ask a Question