water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
HARO said:
I can fully understand the folks who use cell phones for business, and if I were in their shoes I'd have one too! I just don't think that I'm important enough to NEED to be available at all times. However, I am debating an upgrade from this old dial phone. It bothers my arthritis!! :fingersx:
John
lol be on call at a busy hospital, first tied to a pager, then tied to a cell phone and pager for YEARS! now tied to nothing but life.

j.w said:
Only phone service we can get to work in our area is through Verizon so we are stuck w/ using the cheapest one of those which would be the straight talk plan for $30 a month. We checked into all the others and they won't get reception up here on our hill. My hubby has the Straight talk one and I decided I don't need one w/ minutes so just use an old un-minuted one for 911 calls only. We can share his if I need a talk to anyone phone.
We have to have a "house phone" magic jack works great for us. No matter what cell service we have our house is in a dead zone, verizon, sprint etc no bars Sometimes they work sometimes they don't.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can offer cell phones companies your property to put up a tower and you get free cell phone or get paid by them to rent a piece of your property .I am offering up the Wade rd house and gonna see what happens since that is a dead zone .Marty my farm neighbor offered a corner of his farm for one and they pay him and they get access to his property with 24 hour notice to work on it .That is why my cell phone service improved

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Ha Ha Ha!! Very Funny Koi Guy!! Last time I will be texting this year, won't be texting till JAN 1st too!! I have to get ready, wash hair, soak my old bones in tub, then go get my "mini me mom" and go shopping and for coffee.

If I could clone just one person, I would clone my mom and then when I get real old, my mom will always be there for me!! :)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
bettasngoldfish said:
I seriously don't think I could live without my cell phone :lol: Had one for many years that I only kept for emergency purposes. Came in great when I was going somewhere and got lost (I have a tendency to do that, no sense of direction at all) and also was wonderful when I drove a piece of sh*t car that was breaking down all the time :censored:
I have an excellent sense of direction as long as I stay north of the Great Lakes. And in my entire life, I have NEVER been lost! There have been times when I didn't know where I was, but I was always RIGHT THERE!!! :biggrin:
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep just got back from my walk a couple hours ago and now having my 2nd vodka and oj. Not going anywhere just enjoying the nice peacefulness of the moment. No driving for me! Happy New Year Friends!

Ask a Question