The Good Banter Thread

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I always thought Justin got his looks from his mom...;)
Funny you said that cause I thought back when they said Just*n (to hide his real identity) ha ha ha...was running, and then he looked nothing like his dear old dad, and so I thought "well he must have taken after his mom's side of the family"..... Then to my horrror I discovered who his daddy really was.

Reaction score
hello all, long time no post hope everybody is still here who was here and that you are all doing fine, me and my family are all ok. having a hot summer here in uk but i carnt wait till the season is nearly over so i can get to work on increasing the size of my pond. planning on doubling the size, one of my orfes is so big it can only do about 6 body lengths and it has to turn around, feel sorry for him so i will give some of the garden lawn over to increase the pond, also means i will have less grass to cut... hehe

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well mogsie long time and welcome back .Glad all is well with you and your family and did you finish the other jobs you had lined up .Been extremely hot here and very humid .Been a bad year for me so far and hoping the second half is a lot better .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey @mogsie all is well and nice to hear all is good w/you and yours. Neat you get to make your pond bigger. We will love watching you work! All I did was add a path around my pond for easier mowing. Not done w/it yet tho. Hubby needs to make me some wood chips from our tree branches that need trimming badly. Those Doug Fir trees are so big now and their arms are so heavy and droop to the ground almost! Having nice pleasant just right temps here now.

Reaction score
hello sissy and hello jw, really good to see you are both still here. by other jobs i think you are referring to the summer house we were building in slovakia, well it is about 95% finished, just the shower room to do, this is it here in the photos, pleased you are having nice weather, the weather is very nice here but a bit too hot for me, but i have had some lovely evenings for wild camping on mountain summits, a hot climb up but worth it for the sunsets. i am planning on doubling the size of the pond jw, just for the benifit of my fish, thinking of a surface area of about 4 meters x 4 meters.

DSC_0342.JPG
DSC_0344.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like metal roofs. My house in Arizona had a metal roof that looked like a shake roof. But it would never need to be replaced.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
WOW wish they had that here .Has it been around there for a long time .Wondering how it holds up to weather .Added that it has insulation is great .Gosh wish they sold it here

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WOW wish they had that here .Has it been around there for a long time .Wondering how it holds up to weather .Added that it has insulation is great .Gosh wish they sold it here
I think it is sold across the country but not sure. If it can handle Arizona weather, i.e. non stop sun and miserable heat, it would survive here. Not insulated, but it had a air gap that helped with the heat. Advertised as being energy efficient. 50 year warranty.

We also had a metal roof on our house in Colorado.

Reaction score
I think it is sold across the country but not sure. If it can handle Arizona weather, i.e. non stop sun and miserable heat, it would survive here. Not insulated, but it had a air gap that helped with the heat. Advertised as being energy efficient. 50 year warranty. It has been around in easern

I think it is sold across the country but not sure. If it can handle Arizona weather, i.e. non stop sun and miserable heat, it would survive here. Not insulated, but it had a air gap that helped with the heat. Advertised as being energy efficient. 50 year warranty.

It has been around in eastern Europe for quite a few years i believe, and the summerhouse has now been up for about 3-4 years and it has coped with 95 f temps in summer to 5 f temps in winter with plemty of snow amnd it has not shown any problems. The steep pitch helps shed the snow.

Ask a Question