I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow I sure said some things too addy :regular_waving_emot

"Yes it felt like they weighed a ton and I was drinking water and sweating profusely. Took 2 Ibuprofen before we started cuz I've been there before" :rolleyes:

Oh me oh my!!!

Reaction score
ok right at a month on my 2nd dyi pond (first was preformed deal. this is 45 mill epdm liner) me and my son in law built.i was worried the pond liner got a hole in it.i have finally ruled that out and found the waterfall to be the culpit.now down to losing 1/4 inch of water at the most a day.THANK GOD! i was so scared we put a hole in the liner.tested the water for first time and all levels read perfect.water stays clear no stringy alge.i am so happy!i did however notice my black moore with possible ich ugh.went to pet store and trying salt in the pond wish me luck.3 yrs with this moore i hate to lose him and possibly my new koi as well.

Reaction score
taherrmann4 said:
i started reading your comments from the top of this page and it sounds so funny b/c unless you go back and read the page before it sounds like you ladies are talking about something completely different from logs.:lol::dunno:

i was lmao....addy was talking about big ones???

rotfl i just did the same thing!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad you found the problem and no holes. Seems as tho a lot of the time it is the waterfall that causes the headaches but you can fix it by little tweaks here and there til you get it just right. Sorry about the ick and hope the salt helps them so you don't lose any of your precious fishes.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Wow I sure said some things too addy :dunno:

"Yes it felt like they weighed a ton and I was drinking water and sweating profusely. Took 2 Ibuprofen before we started cuz I've been there before" :lol:

Oh me oh my!!!

Lmao jw! missed that connection..........................

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
cl2smith said:
ok right at a month on my 2nd dyi pond (first was preformed deal. this is 45 mill epdm liner) me and my son in law built.i was worried the pond liner got a hole in it.i have finally ruled that out and found the waterfall to be the culpit.now down to losing 1/4 inch of water at the most a day.THANK GOD! i was so scared we put a hole in the liner.tested the water for first time and all levels read perfect.water stays clear no stringy alge.i am so happy!i did however notice my black moore with possible ich ugh.went to pet store and trying salt in the pond wish me luck.3 yrs with this moore i hate to lose him and possibly my new koi as well.

Yeah I always look at the stream or waterfall before I worry about the liner. Usually that is where the problem is.

So glad you found it, and good luck with the possible ich.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
getting my first lily flower and dish bath .From my neighbors trash to my treasure .The tree that was cut down was a scrub pine that had pine beatles killing it

Attachments

• front garden 2011 003.jpg
    front garden 2011 003.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 281
  • front garden 2011 019.jpg
    front garden 2011 019.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 239

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my very first lily bloom and never thought I would get one but surprise surprise

Attachments

• first lily 2011 005.jpg
    first lily 2011 005.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 241
  • first lily 2011 006.jpg
    first lily 2011 006.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 192

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh but aggie has been hanging around over there and looking oh so innocent .The way she swims away when I yell at her tells it all .Thank you never thought I would get even one

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Pet Ms. Aggie on the head and tell her good plant, ???? Or should we tell her bad plant so she will leave it alone?:lol:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That lily is lovely sissy, so delicate looking. Hoping Aggie behaves herself. Maybe give her some watermelon to keep her occupied or a muzzle :lol:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
LOL I gave her some blueberries I picked this morning and hope that helps some and just picked 2 baskets of strawberries ,so she can have some of them later ,that is if I don't sit here and eat them all .

Ask a Question