The little hole that could...

Reaction score
I have replaced a whole bunch of grass with plants, pond, trees. Over an acre of grass gone now. The less grass the better. Now tossing clover seed out to take over the grass.
I thought my husband would be happy that I took away some grass to mow, same idea with the huge sand box I had him install when the boys where young, but he was grumbling about something that I'm sure doesn't matter!

One the topic of clover, We plant clover on our trails in the woods up north because the deer chow it down!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One the topic of clover, We plant clover on our trails in the woods up north because the deer chow it down!!!
one acre of clover = 100 lbs of honey

I'm really glad I am taking pictures of the evolution of my back yard.

Pictures remind you of what you had and what you have now! I can't believe it when I look back to before and after.

Before

viewfromdeck.jpg

AFTER
20130601_082416.jpg
upload_2014-9-27_8-40-53.jpeg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sorry^^ for posting the pictures in your showcase. I will delete if you want me too, didn't notice what thread I was in when I did.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That looks wonderful, love the edge plants in the socks.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thank you for the kind words Addy. I swear, I add one thing and fall in love with the pond all over again. I really hope these little guys make it though the winter. I added kitty litter to help them grow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thank you for the kind words Addy. I swear, I add one thing and fall in love with the pond all over again. I really hope these little guys make it though the winter. I added kitty litter to help them grow.
That looks amazing! I had my doubts about this whole rock-sock-rock thing, but you found a solution that works AND looks great!

You only need one thing now...

Ask a Question