j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Sparky thank you for sharing your incredible story of life and your wonderful progress in making it this far w/your sobriety. I grew up w/alcoholic parents and it was hard at times. Fortunately I had a best friend who's father was also an alcoholic. Mine were more weekend alcoholics but her father was a committed one daily. Her and I spent a lot of time together and understood what it meant to have parents w/addictions. We helped each other grow up and get through it all.

Ah Sparky, I get it, fireman.........good choice
upload_2018-5-22_11-59-48.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I did my best to help a alcoholic boyfriend, after years of treatment, slippage back to drinking, I finally gave up. He passed a year later. It is a tough disease, addiction.

Glad you are making it to recovery. @Sparky

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
I did my best to help a alcoholic boyfriend, after years of treatment, slippage back to drinking, I finally gave up. He passed a year later. It is a tough disease, addiction.

Glad you are making it to recovery. @Sparky
Addy, the words I always keep about my addiction in my head and heart are cunning, powerful, baffling and god damn patient. My addiction will always be there around the corner just waiting. Kind of like going through life with a viper on your back. I am sorry for your loss and assume you learned the inevitable. We have to give in and accept help. Admit weakness. That can be impossible for anybody but we alcoholics seem to be hell bent on that matter. I about left this world before I finally accepted defeat. Oddly, therein lies the triumph. I am not a religious man by any means. But, I did find spirituality. Without it, we would not be having this discussion. Peace pond dwellers.

PS...you folks have somewhat surprised me. This is a difficult subject for many, addicts and non addicts alike. The level of acceptance and understanding here is refreshing. In a twisted f’d up world it is always comforting to know somewhere is that shred of humanity not afraid to show their heart.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
PS...you folks have somewhat surprised me. This is a difficult subject for many, addicts and non addicts alike. The level of acceptance and understanding here is refreshing. In a twisted f’d up world it is always comforting to know somewhere is that shred of humanity not afraid to show their heart.
Ponders have heart

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Pond people are some of the nicest I have ever met. We have gone on countless pond tours and the owners - who selflessly open their gardens and homes to hundreds of strangers for the day - are always such wonderful people. Happy to chat, happy to share, just all around happy people.

Ask a Question