Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
If money and real estate were not an issue then what would your ideal pond be ? Poll.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was going for about 5000 gallons but my ground was too full of junk fill.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But downfall is the electric bill .If it was natural water flow I would like it better .Cheaper on the wallet

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
But downfall is the electric bill .If it was natural water flow I would like it better .Cheaper on the wallet
True but if you can afford to build that pond and building to go with it then the electric is not a big deal. The electric bill has to be incredible to keep that running. I still think it is amazing even with the high cost of running it. I would love to see it in person. Besides I really do not have to think about the cost of running it at all, I am a little short on the building funds My GOFUNDME page is here ROB'S POND accepting any amount ;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If money was no object I would choose one like @RobAmy posted. Bigger is better! Wonder if it has fish in it and boy how would you keep the heron away from them?
Maybe constant patrolling of guard dogs?

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
If there were truly no limits I would be humble and modest and just go for the pacific ocean... And move it into my back yard which was previously known as the west coast :D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
if money was no object I would go with the house with the rock waterfall on the side of the hillside .I posted the video from you tube a couple of years ago .Hey I want it all a pond and waterfall with a rock head in the middle of the stream and the house .I don't dream big do I :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My dream pond would be no bigger than 1000 gallons. My current pond is about 800, and I don't think I'd ever go too much bigger. I'm lucky I've been able to keep control of this one! :LOL:

Actually, as much as I love my pond, I have a dream for the future that involves a stream instead of a pond. I imagine having a backyard that is completely turned into a native garden, with the stream winding through the middle of it, as well as a path that winds through it and goes over the stream on a small bridge. It's a huge dream that is at least a dozen or more years away, but it's on the list for future me to keep in mind.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I'm with JB. I've always been a river angler rather than a lake troller. I like the sound of fast moving water. My small property will not allow for dreams much bigger than that of a bigger property.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The other property i own has frying pan creek running through it .Only problem is it divides the property up .The house is on the front 1 acre but the horses are on the 11 acres on the other side of the creek .Not great but it sounds pretty

Ask a Question