Trapdoor snails

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I took these of 2 of my snails a few years back. Girls have equal-length antenna.
View attachment 109350
Thank you for that info

the plant in the background of female picture is what my wild plant looks like. It has two leaves and the next section has two leaves turned 90 degrees and so on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I know I'm late but trapdoors are slow to breed, hint #1 it's not TDS babies. The shape is incorrect for TDS babies, as you said it's too elongated. TDS babies are very round spirals. Most likely those new guys were pond/bladder snail babies. If you have too many TDS I'd be glad to take some off your hands. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
They have the cutest tiny live baby snail babies! So tiny
My son brought home shells from the beach over a week ago. They sat in the hot car for days. On the counter for days. I tried soaking them to clean them and they were alive. Had no clue what they were until I did research. Two days in a tank and one is actively birthing babies. Four out already. Oh boy...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomefrogs24.gif
@mudrackcl

Ask a Question