I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ray
I started out just like you did 12 yrs ago w/ a bunch of Petsmart feeder fish and some giveaways from Freecycle. Those fish are still in my pond and thriving. I did add a few Shubunkins. You have a nice looking pond set up and like the decking all around it. Some added plants would be nice and would help w/shade for the warm Cali weather down there :)

Reaction score
Well, I've taken in all the welcomes and advice so far and found a local nursery that had some floating plants. Added those this morning and the fish love them! I also updated the filter box, pump, and got a fountain kit. All that plus a drop in cattail plant from Lowes. Wow! What a difference! Loving my new hobby. I ordered a Burgundy Princess Water Lilly and some submersible Hornwort too that should be here next week. Oh! I'm guesstimating the pond volume around 350-400 gallons.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 236
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 243
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 254
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 281
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Looks great! Did you say you have waterfall? are you using it? I didn't see where the waterfall coming.

Reaction score
Looks great! Did you say you have waterfall? are you using it? I didn't see where the waterfall coming.
Yes, I was going to seal the stream before I use it because it leaks water and the pond volume is half empty within 1 day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 231
Reaction score
Yes there's some cracks near the bottom of the waterfall where I saw water collecting, but it's not a long stream so I'm thinking a sealant makeover on the stream is in order. Anybody have suggestions on a safe media to use?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh boy are you gonna love it when those Water Hyacinth bloom. Wish I could grow them here but they don't like our cool weather at least at my house anyways. Some can get them to grow but now me :(

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes there's some cracks near the bottom of the waterfall where I saw water collecting, but it's not a long stream so I'm thinking a sealant makeover on the stream is in order. Anybody have suggestions on a safe media to use?
This is my fav, works great, make sure all is clean and dry, let it cure some.

1880fe44-26ed-4561-998a-eb18e143d0b6_400.jpg

Ask a Question