Country
United States
Cardinal Flower - True Aquatic
Pickerel Rush
Green Taro
Giant Arrowhead
Water Pennywort
Sagittaria spp.

These are the plants I ordered today from William Tricker. I'm excited and really looking forward to receiving them :)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Looks great! I'm also doing some finishing touches on our bog. Same as you, hiding the liner. I do a little each day. Piling up rocks against and on top of the wall.
The bog has been great. The clearest water I've seen in quite a while and it's only running a bit over a week. It's by far the best improvement I've done to the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Looks great! I'm also doing some finishing touches on our bog. Same as you, hiding the liner. I do a little each day. Piling up rocks against and on top of the wall.
The bog has been great. The clearest water I've seen in quite a while and it's only running a bit over a week. It's by far the best improvement I've done to the pond.
As you can see, I've got spots of algae in the bog. I'm hanging on to a quote in an article I read, that said even a poorly built bog will help :) I noticed small tadpoles in the bog today which I take as a good sign.

The plants addy shipped me last fall are growing and I figure they're tough...they made it over the winter. Want to finish up hiding the loner and get the new net hung over the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
If the pond water is clear, I wouldn't worry about algae in the bog. Maybe after the new plants have gotten established the algae will go away. Starved out by the other plants.

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If the pond water is clear, I wouldn't worry about algae in the bog. Maybe after the new plants have gotten established the algae will go away. Starved out by the other plants.
I get algae in the bog every spring, the plants are just starting the sun is hitting all that nice shallow water and poof algae grows, then it goes away. Most is gone already.

Ask a Question