Types of liner

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know I asked before but I don’t remember. What are the best types of liner to buy? I want to expand my pans and I need to get all new liner. And what is the easiest way to measure what you need. I think I got it. But I scared I’m wrong. Thank you

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
EPDM rubber is the best for anything but the largest ponds

Make sure you have the extra on your calcs. I barely covered one side of my pond since I ran into some rocks that after removal, led to it being wider than I planned. My liner was also a bit smaller out of the box than listed.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have used 45mil EDPM linear and recently took apart a pond I built over 20 years ago. The pond had been abandoned for most of the 20 years and the linear was still reusable. I was stiffer than new but still usable. I reclaimed the liner to use here and there in a new pond I am building this summer (if we get some dry weather). I purchased 60mil EDPM for this pond. I purchased the liner from:

They had the best price on the linear/underlayment combo's. I also bought some bacteria in dry form from them and some flexible 2" PVC.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have used 45mil EDPM linear and recently took apart a pond I built over 20 years ago. The pond had been abandoned for most of the 20 years and the linear was still reusable. I was stiffer than new but still usable. I reclaimed the liner to use here and there in a new pond I am building this summer (if we get some dry weather). I purchased 60mil EDPM for this pond. I purchased the liner from:

They had the best price on the linear/underlayment combo's. I also bought some bacteria in dry form from them and some flexible 2" PVC.
I bought 60 mil from a roofing company for my first pond. It was great stuff and I'm still using it for a wildlife pond I made a couple yrs ago. @ND pond I use 45 mil from an irrigation co.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
JUST LINERS HAS BEEN THE BEST BANG FOR MY BUCK THUS FAR

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought 60 mil from a roofing company for my first pond. It was great stuff and I'm still using it for a wildlife pond I made a couple yrs ago. @ND pond I use 45 mil from an irrigation co.
I've always heard that we should avoid the roofing stuff because it contains antibacterial stuff to keep the roof free of mosses and algae. Did you have a hard time getting your water to cycle when it was new?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've always heard that we should avoid the roofing stuff because it contains antibacterial stuff to keep the roof free of mosses and algae. Did you have a hard time getting your water to cycle when it was new?
No issues at all for 20 yrs. I laid it out on the driveway and hosed it off before I put it in my pond just to be safe.

Ask a Question