Unintentional things turn out pretty good

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Couple of years ago Sarah and I went.....as we say it here in the south...”Creek Stomping “ in middle Tennessee, and we found a piece of driftwood so we brought it back home and I thought the water fall would be a good place for it.....last year it had a little moss on it, but this year plain old Moss likes pond water...... so it goes to show you.....try different things, they won’t all turn out..... but sometimes it’s pretty kool
97CE8C5F-424F-4D48-A59E-E827BBB5B9AE.jpeg
DCF80396-433F-444E-BFBE-9B0A40C5BF06.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love moss and I love wood pieces around the pond. It adds another texture to the rocks, plants and water. Here's a few pieces we picked up from a beach on Lake Michigan. If you look at the rocks to the right you can see the moss we have growing - just started last summer and has really taken off! And if you look on the driftwood above the waterfall and to the right you'll see a few friends of mine! (Ignore any weeds and stray pine needles that you think you see - figment of your imagination!)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If you stand still here long enough moss will start to grow on your nose here in the Pacific N.W. I love the stuff! Looks very nice in your pond @Jimmy Gibson
Iv'e heard there is some kind of a concoction you can make using buttermilk among other things to attach it to rocks etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Couple of years ago Sarah and I went.....as we say it here in the south...”Creek Stomping “ in middle Tennessee, and we found a piece of driftwood so we brought it back home and I thought the water fall would be a good place for it.....last year it had a little moss on it, but this year plain old Moss likes pond water...... so it goes to show you.....try different things, they won’t all turn out..... but sometimes it’s pretty kool View attachment 121034View attachment 121035
We're moss lovers too! Northeastern PA.
I am hoping by the end of summer..... I have a long green beard hanging off my waterfall

Ask a Question