Used 1oz Clarity Max yesterday, today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have a 330 gallon pond with 3 Sarasa and 3 Shubbies. The water is clear, the values have been in line for 2 weeks (I check every morning with liquid API test).
Despite the net, I have a lot of organic matter falling from a very large Crepe Myrtle. I have been doubling the dose of Muck Defense and Clarity Defense which is doing a pretty good job of staying in front of the issue. I decided to try Clarity Max because I can apply directly and was told it would help in other ways.
Applied last night, today phosphate is 5.0ppm. Before applying ClarityMax it was 0ppm. Should I be concerned?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Where as you need to add chemicals yes.
Your setup and or filter or fish load is off. Yes it's harder to balance a small pond but work on the eco system not mad science

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you. This morning the phosphate reading was 2.5ppm so it’s coming back down which is good. I didn’t treat with anything additional, just wondering if the ClarityMax addition jumped it from 0-5ppm overnight. I have a PondMax all in one filter (1000 gph, bio balls, small UV light), AirMax aerator with 4 aerators, top at least 70% covered with Hyacinth and Water Lilly. I realize 6 fish are a load. The fish are very happy and there is a lot of spawning behavior. I hope I’m on the right track!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I forgot to mention, the pond get full sun from 11:30-7pm here in GA. It is a pre-exhausting shallow spoon shape so I’m underestimating the size. The pond store near me estimates larger.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
You can add a net during the time of these leaves falling, would save you the trouble of organic matter breaking down, I think chemicals are often overused. I don't think they are really necessary. Maybe consider a bog filter as well? Just a thought, would help with the load.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you ask most 10 year ponders they will usually tell you they started using this clarifier and that algae bomb, some barley straw for this and some BB for that. then they stopped using it all let the pond age on it's own. stepped up their maintenance and all's good

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have a 330 gallon pond with 3 Sarasa and 3 Shubbies. The water is clear, the values have been in line for 2 weeks (I check every morning with liquid API test).
Despite the net, I have a lot of organic matter falling from a very large Crepe Myrtle. I have been doubling the dose of Muck Defense and Clarity Defense which is doing a pretty good job of staying in front of the issue. I decided to try Clarity Max because I can apply directly and was told it would help in other ways.
Applied last night, today phosphate is 5.0ppm. Before applying ClarityMax it was 0ppm. Should I be concerned?
Sorry to hear about the trouble your having, maybe instead of a net a shade cloth sail would work better to eliminate fracas getting into your water?

Ask a Question