Venturi Intake?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
So I was going back through my pond related purchases on Amazon and noticed this graphic that shows a "venturi intake" when the pump is being used as a submersible pump. What exactly does this do? It seems like the air that was pulled through the venturi would only be on the output side of the pump or am I looking at it wrong? Also, If i have my pump submerged but have an external pre-filter on it should I be using the venturi intake?

71hX48IE4TL._SL1200_.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Good question. Only time I’ve used a Venturi was for my Skippy. But it was through the water pipe as it was going into the tank and not connected to the pump. It was just a DIY way to add O2 to the filter media. Not sure it did any good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

adds air aka oxygen to the water stream it can be added in most situations. To late at night to take a picture of what i did prior to my pump lose during winter but i can explain it with the picture. also it was a dyi

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
lots of video's on youtube for this and a ponder on here does them also .They really add a lot of oxygen to the water and that cuts down on algae growth

Ask a Question