Venturi Tees

gasman

What is the air speed of a swallow?
Reaction score
I have heard these are great for aeration. Are a lot of you ponders using them?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
depends on the pump size...and the venturi size. theyre easy to make and experiment with. i have a video on youtube on making one for under $2.00.
and a demo...
sorry the videos are great but i think you'll get the drift... smaller pumps will require smaller pipe. you want a faster, higher pressure to the flow.

gasman

What is the air speed of a swallow?
Reaction score
Harbor freight is a ponders secret. Those pumps are though and cheap. I ran a 370 all winter on the bottom of my pond. It was still running in the spring and I had temps here in February of 28 below.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yeah, thats one..they carry about 8 -10 of them ..all pacific hydro. cheap pumps but high energy users. all in all HARBOR FREIGHT is one of my favorite stores.

Reaction score
yeah, thats one..they carry about 8 -10 of them ..all pacific hydro. cheap pumps but high energy users. all in all HARBOR FREIGHT is one of my favorite stores.

I was wondering about their energy useage but hadn't had time to look yet. I figured there was catch...

Oh and yes I do have a filter that uses a venturi. Good stuff.

Ask a Question