watching DEXTER

Reaction score
watched the first 2 episodes of Dexter tonight! Ooh! magic! That chit is is well done. Great writing and an immediate and deep development of the characters. Brilliant! It's gonna be fun....I can tell!

Interesting concept. Serial killer, but vigilante all in one. Kills those who have done bad....makes it kinda hard to dislike him. LOL!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yeah, but hes in the forensics dept for the police so he can sway things..and he only kills those who do violent crimes and wiggle out of sentencing due to technicalities and system manipulation etc.. and i dont know, but he looks the part to me too!

Reaction score
right...he gets those that have done bad things only. It's an interesting way for him to address a fixation he cannot stop. Crazy how his foster father recognized this in him early and then basically taught him how to get around ever being caught. Wild! Who the hell ever came up with such an idea?! It's genius!

Yes, the excitement he gets over those crime scenes is dazzling. Wow! Wow! Good stuff! I totally see this show being fantastic. I was hooked right away.

Reaction score
Koiguy, dude! Dexter is fantaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastic! Ooh gad! I'm having a divine time watching this one. I'm still on season 1 and the ice truck killer dude has been revealed (which hubby and I had figured two episodes back). I was initially disappointed that they exposed who he was, but now I'm enjoying watching the cat chase the mouse without the mouse yet knowing.

What an intriguing show! My husband finds the sister to be a bad actress as well as the big kahuna sargent (or whatever Maria's title is). I think the sis isn't meant to be too bright, so I have no trouble with her nor with maria.

I didn't think I would be able to wipe Dex's previous gig on 6 Feet Under outta my head, but boy it's been pretty easy. The dude is a swell actor. Very easy to watch him do his thing...he's understated. And makes a serial killer completely lovable...if that's at all possible. LOL!

Can't wait to see how all this turns out!

Reaction score
I'm finishing Season 3 now. What a great show! I just ordered the DVD for Season 4, which will be ending shortly. I managed to get it early!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
season 4 has been done for quite a while. but pay attention to the beginning of episode 1... theres a funny version of the regular opening.

Reaction score
no. I haven't seen him yet. Oh, I love Lithgow! Can't wait!

I'm at the part where he's finally accepted he's gonna be a dad soon and the fellow from NYPD Blue has been a secondary character.

The show is just delicious!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
the wire is about the ghetto and its lifestyles...heroin, crack, dope dealers, cops, dirty cops, political elections good politicians,dirty politicians,corruption thru out... and the media (newspaper) reporting on these subjects.. (the wire means wire tap).

Reaction score
The Wire is about cops in the city of Baltimore. Throughout the multiple seasons (5?) they touch on a variety of topics, but the street drug trade is generally featured prominently. The writers have a great understanding of systems (political, social, media, business, etc) and how they impact human behavior. Good, gritty stuff.

Ask a Question