Water change for winter?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I have a ton of babies and I don't know of any way to remove then other than draining and refilling my pond. My pond isn't very bih, so it isn't a big deal, but I figured I could give it a good cleaning too. What do you think?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Be very carefull not to disturb the eco/bio system if you do a mass cleaning. Vacuum the bottom and re-use the water after a good filtration.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
So, I was thinking of pumping the water into a kiddy pool to hold the fish I am keeping whaler I clean the pond. If I put that water back into the pond I should be fine?

Reaction score
Hi there,

You have to be careful when you change or at the time of clean water. I saw many cases where people when change water they bear lots of loss. When they change water and put their fishes into new water lots fishes get died because they are not habitual of new water.

If you need any information about the pump parts then please visit pjdore.com/services/pump-parts-repair

Ask a Question