Water Garden Features - Window Shopping :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no what you mean there ,been there done that more times than I will ever admit too :ROFLMAO:I knew it was a good deal and my sister loves hers now ,she uses one as a dog toy holder out on her deck

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
What I really need are some more ideas on how to hide my filter.

Here ya go... I came across this article and thought of you... (y)

Live wall DIY with instructions and materials.

http://thefeltedfox.blogspot.com/2013/04/living-wall-diy.html

livingwall_before_after_edited-1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Revisiting the pitcher pumps for a moment.......this one is set up on a box frame and hooked up to a hose that goes nearly to the bottom of the pond. (Adjacent to the second "piling".) I have some friends whose grandkids like to come over and look for frogs, fish, salamanders etc. but in order to search they have to pay their "admission charge". They know that 25 strokes of the handle will help me keep the pond sufficiently topped up, so they're glad to help.:sneaky:

DSC01118.JPG

As for hiding the pump equipment, we had a little area where the swimming pool equipment used to live and when we cleaned all that out we created a little grotto with PT lattice and a couple of 4X4's and a "roof" of lattice that is attached to the shed. (I'm drawing a blank as to the name of the plant growing up the lattice, [edit: Hydrangea I think]....) but in a year or two it will completely cover the entire "grotto" and make a nice little place for a small table and a couple of chairs for "tea". This year we'll start training and grooming it so it doesn't get out of hand.

DSC01159.JPG DSC01161.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Revisiting the pitcher pumps for a moment.......this one is set up on a box frame and hooked up to a hose that goes nearly to the bottom of the pond. (Adjacent to the second "piling".) I have some friends whose grandkids like to come over and look for frogs, fish, salamanders etc. but in order to search they have to pay their "admission charge". They know that 25 strokes of the handle will help me keep the pond sufficiently topped up, so they're glad to help.:sneaky:

View attachment 89286

That's great to be able to "charge admission"! ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
As for hiding the pump equipment, we had a little area where the swimming pool equipment used to live and when we cleaned all that out we created a little grotto with PT lattice and a couple of 4X4's and a "roof" of lattice that is attached to the shed. (I'm drawing a blank as to the name of the plant growing up the lattice, [edit: Hydrangea I think]....) but in a year or two it will completely cover the entire "grotto" and make a nice little place for a small table and a couple of chairs for "tea". This year we'll start training and grooming it so it doesn't get out of hand.

View attachment 89287 View attachment 89288

Great idea (y) thanks for sharing

Ask a Question