Water hyacinth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A previously banned plant here in the UK but have read somewhere that it's going to be available again in UK. Does anyone have any info as to when, or where I can get some please?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
A previously banned plant here in the UK but have read somewhere that it's going to be available again in UK. Does anyone have any info as to when, or where I can get some please?
If it is going to be available there I assume one of your pond/garden stores will have it eventually, otherwise you may find a fellow ponder who has it there. Do you have Nextdoor.com there? It's a good place to join and ask neighbors to share. I have given away plants and fish on there w/good results.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your response, I guess I am being impatient and it will return eventually. I was just hoping it would be in time for the spring

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks for your response, I guess I am being impatient and it will return eventually. I was just hoping it would be in time for the spring
Yep only way to prolly get some now is from someone who already had some snuck into their ponds illegally over there I would think.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Jw, I had some up to 2 years ago but it doesn't fare well in the UK
Despite my best efforts it died last year

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Jw, I had some up to 2 years ago but it doesn't fare well in the UK
Despite my best efforts it died last year
Same here, I tried it once here and it did not make it through the winter and never even bloomed the summer it was in my pond. Not really worth it to me.

Ask a Question