Water iris

Reaction score
i purchased 2 pond plants from livequaria - yellow iris and dwarf cattail. They came about 3 weeks ago.

the cattail - see pic attached doesnt look to be doing all that well.any suggestions, it gets a ton of sun and its about 3 inches deep. i also have a plant stick in the pot

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Every pond plant I have gotten in the mail, has taken some time to recover. I would make the crown of the cat tail to be right at water level until it gets established. Mine are crown at water level.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The plant crown is where the plant stem meets the roots. I have cat tails with the crown below water, but when I started them I had the crown at water level.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I just pulled 3 Cattail's from the Pond near my house to put them in mine, They were growing in dirt with maybe .5" of water above the soil, I carefully dug around and pulled them up and planted them in pea gravel and soil mixed in a pot and placed two in the big pond and one in the smaller pond, a week later all 3 were solid brown and limp. I don't think they like a lot of water lol

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question