Water poppy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Should my water poppy (which is potted) be placed below the waters surface? If so, how much water should be over the top of the pot? Can they be planted bare root in pebbles or is it best for them to be in aquatic soil, ect...?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Water-poppy (Hydrocleys nymphoides) is usually grown with about 4 to 8 inches of water over the soil surface. Like most aquatic plants they can be planted in a variety soil media. Anything that anchors the roots and doesn't float or cloud the water can work. I use a sandy, rocky soil mix designed for succulents, but cat-litter, gravel, and pebbles are also popular options.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Water-poppy (Hydrocleys nymphoides) is usually grown with about 4 to 8 inches of water over the soil surface. Like most aquatic plants they can be planted in a variety soil media. Anything that anchors the roots and doesn't float or cloud the water can work. I use a sandy, rocky soil mix designed for succulents, but cat-litter, gravel, and pebbles are also popular options.
Thank you Marck… I will lower it today…

Ask a Question