Waterfall - rock is absorbing water

Reaction score
Country
Spain
As indicated, a waterfall without a liner will leak.

Maybe you could get away with having the water deposited lower on the waterfall. Not having it spill all the way from the top. Maybe have your pipe or hose only a foot or two higher than the pond level. If that works, without loss of water, then make it permanent. You can add plants to the upper (unused) part to hide it.

There's also a product called rock on a roll. It's liner material with a rock pattern on it. You could lay that right on top of the whole waterfall. I have never used it and don't know how realistic it would look, but I think it would fit your situation perfectly.

Awesome!!!

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Great idea @poconojoe ! The rock on a roll could be glued directly onto the rock face. here is a link to some of their photos.
Thank you!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
But how could I install a liner over the rock wall? and how could I stick rocks onto it so it is not visible? the waterfall has an 80 degrees inclination I think.
If you were to install a liner over the rock face then build a rock wall in front of it having the new wall leaning back into it . With the right tradesman it can not only be done but can look amazing. But as you may guess probably won't be cheap.
Your stone looks like weathered lime stone very pourus with lots of fissures and air pockets . It would be my first choice for the visual of the falls and pond but it would be among the last to use as a waterproof base

Ask a Question