Waterfall vs. Fountain

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
All right, rub it in people. All of you with your pretty waterfalls and clean water and lights... Rub it in... (of course I'm going to do the same thing when I get mine up and running, however until then, IT'S NOT FUNNY)... Odd question though, does anyone have pictures of the backside of their waterfalls? I have a general idea of how to build up the front, ie rocks, blocks, gravel, etc but have no idea how to blend in the backside of this gigantic pile of.... I'd like to have a small patio that will be next to the waterfall so I will have a view of the back end and can't seem to envision how it looks.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
does anyone have pictures of the backside of their waterfalls?
03%20Inside%20the%20waterfall%20looking%20out.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
waterfall also ,fountain heads get clogged up to fast with gunk just like spitters do .I like the look of them but they are a hassle to maintain .With a waterfall all you have to do to keep it clean is turn off the pump for 10 or 15 minutes and pour or spray peroxide on it and wait and turn it back on and it will be clean again .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You have a yellow stone park thing going :)tourist attraction like the giant dog house and shoe house and big ball of twine and oh forgot the duck house

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
waterfall also ,fountain heads get clogged up to fast with gunk just like spitters do .I like the look of them but they are a hassle to maintain .With a waterfall all you have to do to keep it clean is turn off the pump for 10 or 15 minutes and pour or spray peroxide on it and wait and turn it back on and it will be clean again .

Sissy, I've never tried using peroxide. ....I just scrub it with a brush. Is it safe, wounds nice and simple!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
jw, is it sand,dirt,concrete blocks, pixies, think clumps of sticky stuff, or lava inside? How did you build the inside? And thank you! I have been searching for waterfall butt pictures all day... Lol I wanted to make sure it wasn't ugly and ohhh myyy you have a cute waterfall butt. :D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can put the peroxide in a spray bottle also just make sure that is all you use that bottle for .peroxide is also good for your dishwasher

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My hubby built me a stainless steel tank where the water comes up from the side/bottom through a hole where the hose tubing connects.
IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_4091.JPG

IMG_4095.JPG

IMG_4096.JPG

IMG_4103.JPG

Ask a Question