sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Neighbors next door that have the 2 dogs that terrorize the neighborhood and destroy my gardens well now they went out and got 2 cats .They don't take care of the dogs and in the county they don't have leash laws .I had to call animal control to try do so thing about the dogs because the one tries to bite you and they both chase cars on the road and are going to cause an accident .They dig up my bulbs for some reason and dig the mulch out all over the yard .I have to repair the damage they do .What next .I have had them take small things i have in my one garden and chew them up 2 of my gnomes have been destroyed and a angel

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Time to call the police or dog catcher every time you see them in your yard sissy! Take pictures of them. I know you've already talked to the people and they aren't listening so time to nip this in the bud! The dogs come, you call the police every time and the police are going to get tired of coming out to deal w/ this and will let the people know they better take care of this problem or else. There is a fine they can give to them each time they catch the dogs out running and destroying stuff. Or put a big dog animal trap out there and catch them and then call the police so they can actually see the dogs right there on your property. You can borrow those live traps here from the county. Oops just read no leash law....................still if they do damage that should be different! You may have to take them to court and provide pictures or witnesses. Darn, what does animal control tell you that you can do?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
they are Mexican and claim they do not know english at least she claims that and her husband or boyfriend only comes home every 2 weeks because he works in NC .I have taken pics and e-mailed them to the lady i know at the animal shelter and by laws here she has to physically see them .The animal shelter is almost 2 hours away ,but every time she comes by here they are not running free

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Like I said trap them on your property and she will see them. With some food in that cage one or both will go in it. She's not going to think you went over to their home and drug them over to your house.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I even told them what do I have to do wait for one of them bite me .Then the county would impound them ,that is not really fair to the animal .I love animals and people like that get animals and don't control them and i can't even adopt a chihuahua because i own a pit bull ,whats with that .Well what is pee wee and he is now over 2 years old and he has not ever been harmed by the king .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I asked her about that and trapping them is against the law here because they are a domesticated animal .What is funny about that is the shelter people are allowed to do that and a private citizen is not .I even asked her about putting the traps out and she told me that they have to have more than one complaint from more than one person .My neighbors just don't want to be bothered doing that .I guess when the dogs start doing things to them then they will have to complain ,until then it is just me .They need at least 3 people and 4 complaints or they need to see the dogs doing something themselves .

Reaction score
so they wouldnt accept recorded camera footage of the dogs destructive behaviour ? shocking, i would write a letter to the owners and translate it into mexican, to express your concerns and your plans of action if she doesnt keep them under control, (bet she can talk english), was going to suggest installing an electric cattle fence round the perimiter of your garden but that isnt applicable considering you have dogs also !

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My dogs have a fenced in back yard and only go for walks with me on a leash .I just fence an area for them so they would not run loose ,I love my pets .Thats the problem with living in the county to many farms with farm dogs that herd the cows or protect the farms .They really can't set laws here because of that or just don't want too .I can't see why if you have a farm you would not fall under the exempt law and the rest of the people maintain and control there animals .Funny every one else here controls there dogs and only ever had problems when new people would build a house and move in and i get the worse neighbors .She lets her kids 4 ,6 and 9 years old even go out in the woods while she sits in the house ,there are bad things in the woods.There are only a couple of one acre lots here most are 3 acres and up .I own 3- 1 acre lots .She does not even take her garbage away when her boyfriend comes home every 2 weeks he takes a truckload of it to the dump ,sometimes even 2

Attachments

• all round 2012 048.JPG
    all round 2012 048.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 241
  • all round 2012 018.JPG
    all round 2012 018.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 204
  • all round 2012 017.JPG
    all round 2012 017.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 218

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I put more mouse traps out there around the pond ,either they will get the cats or me .lol I did get there dogs a couple of times with them

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok sissy then every time you see them in your yard just call the Humane Society or shelter, whatever they call it there and tell them to come out and it every time. If you bother them enough even if the dog is not there by the time they get there then eventually they will bother the people who own the dog! The squeeky wheel theory works...................just bug the shelter to death!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
The next time you talk to the animal control officer, ask her what the law is regarding shooting a nuisance animal. Don't get me wrong, I'd never do it and I doubt you would, but just plant a bug in her ear. It might make her take the whole thing more seriously.
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wish there was more laws against nuisance animals here but thats what you get living in the country .It is against the law to shoot domesticated animals here and there are only 2 animal control officers for this area and they both know i would never shoot an animal

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I was 17 when my family moved to this area, and at the time there was a pack of dogs running deer almost every night. After finding a doe with her throat ripped open, but still alive (barely), I called the police and was told to shoot them. That put an end to the problem of people letting their pets out for the night! Quite a bit different than your situation, though.
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I can understand farm dogs running free .But these people have 3 small children and how would those children react to coming home on the school bus and seeing there dog splattered on the road

Ask a Question