What changes are you going to make to your pond this Spring?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We aim to get the pond stained then varnished all the cementing completed then lay viscreene with gravel over that and complete Val's disability garden .
Then we are finished :)

Dave

Last edited:

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am not planning anything major just small adjustments at least that is what I am telling myself now, but who knows those little things have a way of turning into big things for me. I have a lot of other projects around the yard that I need to tend to...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
My plan is to make a shelf ( for plants ) on the left side of my pond and take out all the rocks that go down the side to the bottom of the pond. I have a shelf on the left side but I also have rocks that I put along the side that also go to the bottom of the pond. I have so many pine needles that have been falling its hard to get them out from between the rocks. So I have been working to get out all the rocks that I worked so hard to put in my pond. :mad:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My plan is to make a shelf ( for plants ) on the left side of my pond and take out all the rocks that go down the side to the bottom of the pond. I have a shelf on the left side but I also have rocks that I put along the side that also go to the bottom of the pond. I have so many pine needles that have been falling its hard to get them out from between the rocks. So I have been working to get out all the rocks that I worked so hard to put in my pond. :mad:
Aww feel your pain, I had rocks in a pond had to crawl in and get them out. The string algae grew out of them like trees

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pine needles are so acidic also and can bring down your ph over time. I never had rocks covering the bottom of my big pond but I did put gravel in my outdoor bathtub pond and that was easier to remove after all the gunk build up down there. Stinky, yucky stuff! Now bare bottom bathtub

Reaction score
we would like to have more lighting around the pond area i think. Our garage houses our pump/filter etc. and that is right next to our pond, so sending power out there is not tooo much of a hassle.
I think i will need some extra aeration this summer - first summer at the house for us.
That and i would like add more plants IN the pond.
Need ideas on both :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Replacing last years submersible filter with a bog filter. Got the idea, now I need to get started on the build.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just want to get my pond back together and make an area for my lotus plants .Need to figure out the waterfall and the other filter and plant my banana plants and replant my lemon verbena plants .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Not many changes this year as we are still trying to get our construction project of the new master bedroom and bath complete (fired my contractor today). But I did order some various sized milk crates to make better pump boxes with better pre-filtering. And I am slowly raising the edge the of the liner about an inch so I can have just a little bit deeper pond LOL

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
I've currently got a bog that's seperated from the main pond by a stone wall and a seperate liner, so the water has to go up through the bog and spill into the main pond.

What i want to do this year is raise the bog and expand it over two levels, to create either two waterfalls, or a waterfall/stream combination going from bog 1 - bog 2 - pond.

But, the Mrs has put her foot down and said i need to finish the dozen unfinished projects that i have open around the house first, which means this will get pushed out to next year... maybe :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria

Ask a Question