What changes are you going to make to your pond this Spring?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
please no more changes for me I am sick of working on my pond .Yard work starts now a restaining both back decks and staining the shed and pulling weeds and whatever else pops up needs to wait in line .Is owning a home worth all this work any more .:(I think I have become a tad bit over it all

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I hope to finish the rock surrounding the pond by laying down some rock , flipping the liner over that and covering the flipped over liner with more rocks.
I would also like to landscape the berm surrounding the pond and get started on a waterfall.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I need to pull one preform that just loves to overflow and stick in the liner I bought last fall. Will be a pretty easy job once I drain the preform, just yank and lay in the liner.
That is the only major pond work being done.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hi. New here. I sit here sick at home reading all these posts. All I've done is sketch new additions to my pond all day. Feels nice to find this forum and find I'm not the only crazy one. Lol
I've had my pond for 15years. Each year it has grown as far as my liner will allow. I have koi and shubunkins. I'm wanting to add a possible pre fab to the side that will spill into the existing. Anyone know of a pre fab with a lip?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have one, they seem to come with the set of preforms, both of mine has a lip to go into the next.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
There are lots of them with lips on them so one can go into the other .I gave 2 away that people are now using to hold babies .I know mine were bought at lowes hardware because the tag were still on them with a UPC .They were old though .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanks. I'll check lowes. We only have a Home Depot and their pond area is limited. It's that or chop down a couple trees and redo the whole thing lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I picked up another Savio filter today and will install it in line with the existing tomorrow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Bog building...well so far I had 5.5 ton's of dirt brought in, just need warm temps and a couple days off to get to it! Then the list goes on from there...rock hunting (have a friends field/large pond I can hunt at) landscaping back yard around the pond and all along the new 6' fence, finish the fencing on west side of yard for that matter by the garden, garden (oh ya all of the fun stuff), patio poured, plant up the wazooooo and ya then back to the pond to clean out more of the neighborhood leaves that somehow keep coming into my fenced in yard! This summer is dedicated to the back yard! Oh did I mention finish the fire pit area and seating arrangements to enjoy the fire and the pond which is behind it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I feel for ya rebelangel, we did our patio last year. Back breaking but so worth it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Big pond turn bypass valve from pond to waterfall and put up Koi Cafe feeder, that's it
Small pond turn bypass valve from pond to waterfall, that's it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I finished up with the install of the additional Savio Versatile filter today. Here is a pick of it. I had a lot of room for the install :)

IMG_3086.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
curious why you ran them in sequence rather than putting a y in your main line to feed each one separately then have the outflow from each one go to your creek?
I just wanted more filtration so I ran 2 to one separate pump which comes out at a different area of the pond. My stream has its own pump and bio filter already. The stream pump is the stronger one so I ran the 2 inline to the slower pump for better filtration. I slower the flow allows for better bacteria function. Hopefully that makes sense

Ask a Question