WHAT DID SANTA BRING YOU?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by koiguy1969, Dec 26, 2012.

1. koiguy1969

koiguy1969 GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!

he brought me a new pair of jeans, a pair of slippers, some Captain Morgons, anice ceramic blade knife (amazingly sharp), and a couple new shirts....not one thing pond related!!...lol

koiguy1969, Dec 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. koiguy1969

j.w I Love my Goldies

Neat koiguy! My hubby and I don't buy each other gifts. If we want something we'll buy it on sale after Christmas. Did get a real pretty globe w/ a tree inside that lights up w/ changing colors. My grand-daughter is still working on our present she wants to give us. I don't know what it is yet tho :)

j.w, Dec 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. koiguy1969

HARO Pondcrastinator

That's because ponds aren't very popular at the North Pole! :cold:
    I got a brand new Ferrari! But then I woke up. :grumble:
    John

HARO, Dec 26, 2012
    addy1, mtpond and sissy like this.
  4. koiguy1969

Mmathis TurtleMommy

Well, our family got screwed this year! Literally! :) We've been gradually stocking teenage son's tool chest, so decided to also replace some of Hubby's screwdrivers (since I'm usually the one who misplaces them or leaves them outside, or.....). Did that. Hubby gave me a handheld electric screwdriver; "Santa" put a couple of ratcheting screwdrivers in the boys' stockings, as well as a couple of "precision" screwdriver sets (can never find ours when we need them). Then to top it off, son got 2 different Sonic Screwdrivers (Dr. Who): one from us & one from a friend.

Oh, and the cats got an official "Simon's Cat" cat bed plus lots of paper to chase and play with.

Mmathis, Dec 27, 2012
  5. koiguy1969

sissy sissy

NOTHING here but at least hubby is getting new eye sight for the new year after fridays surgery both his eyes are done and he will have new lenses in both eyes .

sissy, Dec 27, 2012
    mtpond, j.w and Mmathis like this.
  6. koiguy1969

gardengimp

Yay Sissy! That's sounds like the best.

I got rocks. A nice pile of rocks and one very special christmas rock. And a nice piece of driftwood. I'll take pictures later. They are still in the car and I'm bushed. And sick. My FIL also gave me strep.

gardengimp, Dec 27, 2012
  7. koiguy1969

koiguy1969 GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!

THE GIFT OF "SIGHT" SOUNDS GOOD TO ME SISSY!

koiguy1969, Dec 27, 2012
    Mmathis likes this.
  8. koiguy1969

sissy sissy

yep but he might be scared after he can see me better . :LOL: Plus he got the gift of life after his heart attack November 2 nd and his life saving stent

sissy, Dec 27, 2012
    addy1 and j.w like this.
  9. koiguy1969

Mmathis TurtleMommy

Sissy, I think you have the bestest of all holiday gifts!

Mmathis, Dec 27, 2012
  10. koiguy1969

sissy sissy

told him that night he better live for our 40th anniversary . DR Zackhary only gave him a 10% chance after the surgery and I told him no way and that he has to make it .When he went back for his check up with cardiologist he had to tell me I was right ,he laughed and told hubby she was right and I was wrong .I told hubby I would haunt him if he died . :razz:

sissy, Dec 27, 2012
    addy1, j.w and Mmathis like this.
  11. koiguy1969

capewind

This was our second year that we chose to skip the gift end of Christmas, and now that the kids are not babies, am pretty sure we will stay on this path (or at least til there are grandbabies to spoil LOL). IMO the gift giving end has become too commercial. We buy things for the kids throughout the year, dont need a date on the calender to say what day is a must. We do all the other things tho, not gonna give any of that up;-)

capewind, Dec 27, 2012
    sissy likes this.
  12. koiguy1969

sissy sissy

true I think that happens alot as kids get older and leave the nest .

sissy, Dec 27, 2012
  13. koiguy1969

mtpond

We buy gifts for our children and grandchildren. Like j.w. me and my hubby don't buy for each other, we buy what we want either before or after Christmas. :)

mtpond, Dec 27, 2012
  14. koiguy1969

capewind

We still have 2 at home... 17 & 21... The younger DID ask for something for Christmas... a tank of gas for her truck LOL. Which of course is in addition to all the $20s throughout the year that also goes to her fuel tank,,,,

capewind, Dec 28, 2012
  15. koiguy1969

sissy sissy

none at home any more .I did give my older one money to come down to VA when his dad had the heart attack as they couldn't get any money from there account or find a working ATM machine so they could buy diesel for the truck .Everything by them was down after sandy hit .

sissy, Dec 28, 2012
  16. koiguy1969

Ruben Miranda I am so confused

Hello
    Yes we don't by for each other either.
    We by for the grand kids only.
    And beleave me they are spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa :razz:

We bought each other a bed for Christmas Wow it is so nice to sleep all night and not get up soar like I slept on a cement pad.

I did get some pond bucks for Christmas From one of my daughters, I had to take it could not say no and insult her right. :razz: :heartpump:

Ruben

Ruben Miranda, Dec 28, 2012
    capewind likes this.
  17. koiguy1969

fishin4cars True friends just call me Larkin Moderator

For the first time in years no Pond or Nascar collectibles for Christmas this year. Mark as you may have seen on FB I have become a little more out spoken about our 2nd Amendment rights. My son got me a two year membership to NRA, My Father in Law, Got me a clock that you can conceal a handgun in that is easy to get to yet safely hidden away. Got a few shirts, a nice wallet, two gift certificates to Bass Pro shops, a remote control helicopter, and a turkey fryer. Then today I went and used the gift certificates and my bonus from work and went and got me a Bushmaster AR-15 .223. Not that I'll really have any use for it but I figured if I was going to be able to get one legally I better get one now before they got banned. Oh and to top our Christmas off we got approval today from the Ins. Company to complete all the repairs that we haven't already gotten done from the fire done. All said and done it looks like 90% will be able to be repaired through the Ins. Co. May even cover part of the deductible from all the clean-up we took care of ourselves. All in all with all considered it's been a really nice holiday season. Even got to spend the day with most of the family even though it rained most of the day.

fishin4cars, Dec 28, 2012
    j.w likes this.
  18. koiguy1969

sissy sissy

at least it is all good news larkin ,i just sit and wait for the other shoe to drop lately .My nieces boyfriend died friday at the hospital when i was there for hubby's eye surgery and he was only 26 and had a heart attack and he did not make it and not a sign of heart problems before that.Poor Kelly was just heart broken .She has known him sense they were 8 years old . :sad: life can be so short .

sissy, Dec 30, 2012
  19. koiguy1969

capewind

So sorry Sissy. That is horrible to hear. We all had a nasty scare a few weeks ago with our 17 yr old's boyfriend. She drove him to the hospital because he said he felt like his heart was going to explode... This young man is only 19, and has high blood pressure (inherited from his dad)... His BP when they got to the hospital was 200/110... He so badly needs a new primary care physican, and even with this scare, the doc wont do crap for him. The first thing the hospital does is drug test him (which is clean)... The primary has him on anti anxeity meds, which make him feel worse... aka it was these meds that sent his BP through the roof... It is such a scarey thing for him to deal with... and then on top of our concern for him, we worry for our daughter... Parents will always worry about their daughters' "first love" but this takes it all to a different level.

capewind, Dec 30, 2012
  20. koiguy1969

sissy sissy

yep that seems to be normal first thing they ask for is insurance card .I know here hey sponsor free clinics and always have lots of doctors that donate there time .

sissy, Dec 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question