sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh no you think my puter is watching me and laughing at me .Now i will have nightmares it is going to get me .At least it's name is not Hal but it's name is dumb piece of chit . :LOL: Think it will get upset with that name .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Warning, Warning..............Oh sissy be careful,Yes I Think dumb chit is listening..........you are doomed!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh now that is a really scarey thought .I do so much dumb chit ,I'm really in deep

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hubby recently got a new laptop [uses it at work, too] and wanted the touch screen, Windows 8, etc. So he's put W8 on the main computer and on son's laptop. No problems so far, so I finally consented to letting him put it on my LT. I don't do too much with the LT anymore, since I got an iPad, but do use it for stuff for our Boy Scout troop [I'm Advancement Chair]. I made him do mine last, as I needed to be sure the Boy Scout stuff wasn't going to crash as a result -- it seems that whenever "we" do a computer upgrade, there is always something that goes wrong..... We'll see!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well darn addy I thought you had your computer fixed. Hope you can find the problem. I like xp also and don't want to mess w/ windows 8.

I thought so too, but it did the fan error again, did get it back up and running though.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well at least it is running and maybe it will heal itself from the fan error. You won't need a fan back home in Maryland anyways cuz it's gonna be cold for your poor computer leaving the warmth of Florida behind B)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It dies if the fan quits running, that is the sucker that keeps the hard drive from over heating. So far limping along lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My desktop computer has an overheating problem and I cleaned it out, it was full of dust and the fan works now but still heats up a bit so I have a stationary fan sitting on the floor blowing into the insides of the computer (I took the panel off the side of the computer) and now it does not over heat. The computer is too old to fix, just wouldn't be worth buying a fan or seeing just what is wrong. When it goes it goes and will buy new one then and hope whatever windows version is on it will not be buggy. Course you can't do all this sitting on the floor fan stuff w/ your lappy.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol jw the problem is the lappy has a build in protection, the fan dies it stops running. Even with air blowing on it. It usually gives me the fan error when booting up and the lappy is ice cold. Indication the fan is not spinning, therefore it won't turn on to protect the hard drive.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No clue on laptop fans,just works w/ my desktop so I don't have to get new computer which makes me happy :razz:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So far it is hanging in there, I brought the lappy we leave in florida home so I can tear this old baby apart again and order a new fan. Works too well to trash it yet. And tons of good software on it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I think fans are pretty cheap and then you will be set w/ too good puters!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
My fiance and I dont buy presents for each other either. No point in me spending money on her, and her spending money on me, when we can just keep that money and buy ourselves what we really want. She got herself a new laptop this year, i bought myself a bunch of little stuff nothing really special.

Ask a Question