Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Yes we don't by for each other either.
We by for the grand kids only.
And beleave me they are spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa :razz:

We bought each other a bed for Christmas Wow it is so nice to sleep all night and not get up soar like I slept on a cement pad.

I did get some pond bucks for Christmas From one of my daughters, I had to take it could not say no and insult her right. :razz: :heartpump:

Ruben

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
For the first time in years no Pond or Nascar collectibles for Christmas this year. Mark as you may have seen on FB I have become a little more out spoken about our 2nd Amendment rights. My son got me a two year membership to NRA, My Father in Law, Got me a clock that you can conceal a handgun in that is easy to get to yet safely hidden away. Got a few shirts, a nice wallet, two gift certificates to Bass Pro shops, a remote control helicopter, and a turkey fryer. Then today I went and used the gift certificates and my bonus from work and went and got me a Bushmaster AR-15 .223. Not that I'll really have any use for it but I figured if I was going to be able to get one legally I better get one now before they got banned. Oh and to top our Christmas off we got approval today from the Ins. Company to complete all the repairs that we haven't already gotten done from the fire done. All said and done it looks like 90% will be able to be repaired through the Ins. Co. May even cover part of the deductible from all the clean-up we took care of ourselves. All in all with all considered it's been a really nice holiday season. Even got to spend the day with most of the family even though it rained most of the day.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
at least it is all good news larkin ,i just sit and wait for the other shoe to drop lately .My nieces boyfriend died friday at the hospital when i was there for hubby's eye surgery and he was only 26 and had a heart attack and he did not make it and not a sign of heart problems before that.Poor Kelly was just heart broken .She has known him sense they were 8 years old . :sad: life can be so short .

Reaction score
So sorry Sissy. That is horrible to hear. We all had a nasty scare a few weeks ago with our 17 yr old's boyfriend. She drove him to the hospital because he said he felt like his heart was going to explode... This young man is only 19, and has high blood pressure (inherited from his dad)... His BP when they got to the hospital was 200/110... He so badly needs a new primary care physican, and even with this scare, the doc wont do crap for him. The first thing the hospital does is drug test him (which is clean)... The primary has him on anti anxeity meds, which make him feel worse... aka it was these meds that sent his BP through the roof... It is such a scarey thing for him to deal with... and then on top of our concern for him, we worry for our daughter... Parents will always worry about their daughters' "first love" but this takes it all to a different level.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep that seems to be normal first thing they ask for is insurance card .I know here hey sponsor free clinics and always have lots of doctors that donate there time .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Capewind, one question if I may.... what does aka stand for? Always thought it was 'also known as'.
John

Reaction score
John, you are correct... it is also used multi ways in slang as well. I use it a lot as "in other words" ... mostly as a directory

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was lucky there was a doctor on duty when my hubby had his heart attack and DR Zackhary was not on duty when Kelly's boyfriend Brad came in .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
How horrible sissy for his girlfriend and family! Glad you had a good doc there for your hubby :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was lucky as he was there and had done a procedure and was just getting ready to go back to his office

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have each other, our health and great weather for Christmas. No pressies, but my lappy is being problematic, I may be picking up a new one, getting a fan error, will take it apart again when we get home and pick up a new fan, see if it will limp along a while longer. Not ready to put out the bucks for one that I would want, fast, large hard drive and I love xp, not ready for the new windows or might go mac.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well darn addy I thought you had your computer fixed. Hope you can find the problem. I like xp also and don't want to mess w/ windows 8.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love the new microsoft computers with the touch screen my neighbor brought hers over and it is pretty cool but does take a little getting used to .Touching the screen to change things or using the keyboard your choice .I have vista and it sucks but i am used to it .I do have windows on it when I changed but found out that it has a problem ,it is not really compatible

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Never let your computer hear you say those words........not compatible sissy! You must become one w/ the computer and follow it's every command otherwise it will destroy your mind and take you away to realms unknown, to a land of great frustration and complicity where you will toil each day searching on google how to find your way out of the great ball of giant megabytes............oh yes I know :blink:

Ask a Question