What equipment do I need?

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am totally new to ponds, I recently bought one at a yard sale cheap. I believe it is 160 gallons and has a smaller connecting pond, here is a picture for reference: http :// img521.imageshack. us/img521/7308/ pond.jpg(remove spaces for link to work)

The only thing I really know how to do is dig the holes to put the ponds in. What other equipment do I need to make this a successful project? I plan on putting in a few fish and plants, nothing spectacular or expensive, being that I am on a tight budget. Is a pump and filter necessary? Just a pump? What size? How/where do I install these? Any other things you can think of to help me here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
jrod738776 said:
Hi everyone I am totally new to ponds, I recently bought one at a yard sale cheap. I believe it is 160 gallons and has a smaller connecting pond, here is a picture for reference: http :// img521.imageshack. us/img521/7308/ pond.jpg(remove spaces for link to work)

The only thing I really know how to do is dig the holes to put the ponds in. What other equipment do I need to make this a successful project? I plan on putting in a few fish and plants, nothing spectacular or expensive, being that I am on a tight budget. Is a pump and filter necessary? Just a pump? What size? How/where do I install these? Any other things you can think of to help me here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum.
I think that if you peruse the forum, you will find all your answers and be better equipted to ask more specific questions.

Ask a Question