What fish can love in coldwated?

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Koi are picky about water quality and produce a huge amount of waste. Not sure how that wi work with a total solar system. I have generators to run my ponds when we lose power.
I'm gonna put a lot of plant and understock it with fish so it balances

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in North Carolina (North America). Here we have "minnows" -- actually, Gambusia, otherwise known as mosquito fish (they eat mosq. larvae; perfect!). They stay outside in my pond (1,500 gallongs), all year long -- and the pond surface can freeze over several times a year, with no problem to the fish. Maybe you don't have this fish variety in Greece?

Reaction score
Country
Greece
@Iasonas Please post some pics of your current pond — we love to see others ponds! How big is it and what kind of fish do you have right now?
I have a really small pond at the moment with one goldfish in it and a waterlily. It doesn't let me post a photo.
I live in North Carolina (North America). Here we have "minnows" -- actually, Gambusia, otherwise known as mosquito fish (they eat mosq. larvae; perfect!). They stay outside in my pond (1,500 gallongs), all year long -- and the pond surface can freeze over several times a year, with no problem to the fish. Maybe you don't have this fish variety in Greece?
We have mosquito fish but only in the wild. We only have them in a specific river that it's illegal to fish

Reaction score
Country
Greece
It's only temporary pond until my leg heals and I start building a new pond

Attachments

• 16551115003006675552762760210862.jpg
    16551115003006675552762760210862.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 12

Ask a Question