What in the world....????

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
UGH!! They are SO ugly. They found my pond in the rain today, and I hope they leave soon!! I like the frogs. Toads are.. well... ewwwww.

Attachments

• P5150124.jpg
    P5150124.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 388

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I have to agree, I like frogs, even the baby toads are cute but those two are flat out ugly! I'm going to be nice here but lets just say, they don't look like they are enjoying being disturbed by photo shoots while doing it froggy style..... :lol:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They have a face that only a mother could love but I think they are kinda cool............and I am not there ma :lol:

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
It's amazing how they can find water.. There is not a pond or stream for probably a quarter mile away. My frogs came from a jar of tadpoles, but these toads had to have traveled!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I guess your pond is the perfect love nest for them and I wonder where they met up to discuss which way they would head to look for such a place? Would be neat to strap little camera's on them or a gps system
frogpondluv.gif

Reaction score
I have tons of toads around here and love them even though they are ugly :lol: I get tons of baby toads each year and the kids love looking for them before I mow to get them out of the way.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have toads everywhere even before the pond, they eat a lot of those ugly black crickets, I welcome them. I had to keep chasing them out from under the liner when i was building the pond, didn't want to kill them.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing joanie, I have not seen a toad yet this spring, just frogs.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You have to watch toads and large frogs I was reading on another site during mating season they will hug a fish to death .They will grab a fish around it's gills and smother them .Not sure it's true or not

Reaction score
I love the two different colors, what kind of toads are they? We have Fowler toads and yes they are loud. Both Fowler and American toads trill but there is a difference. After quickly looking at some pics of both toads they look like American toads. I like toads I just don't want to accidently run over all the babies with my lawn mower.

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
I have been told by a person who works at the Philadelphia Natural History Museum that they are American toads. The male is darker than usual, but the female is typical. LOL... typical and MAD! She looks like she's had a really, really, really bad day with the tads.. and now THIS. heheh

Ask a Question