What is going on???

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Dr. Dave ( I think of you as our fish doc !) .....this makes me happy. I too thought the fish looked ok, but have no expertise....just personal experience , so am glad Dave weighed in.

Good news for you Pricsilla!

Reaction score
Okay, so I put good ole Marbles back in the pond? She/he is very unhappy about the tank. I don't know if Marbles needs a laxative, looks like its been sorted on its own, according to the bottom of my tank!

Whew! What a relief!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sure, put in and observe...
Yes Priscilla put her back into the pond but keep a close eye on Marbles especially the underside of the tail , Tula I'm always happy to help if I'm online as deselplower has rightly said its down to observation of your fish not after they have been sick but everytime you feed them give them a once over :cool:
Doing it this way brings to light any prooblems that would otherwise have gone un-noticed till too late :(

Dave(y)

Reaction score
Thanks all! Marbles is back in the pond, and seems quite happy.

I have added some rocks to the bottom of the QT/hospital aquarium, and will add some live plants. I have a few guppies in there. Next time I need to put a fish in for observation hopefully the tank will be mature enough to handle it without the ammonia levels going crazy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
GREATS NEWS! Marbles has regrown his tail!!! Woo hoo!! His or her long flowy tail is back! Very happy!
Told you so Priscilla :happy: thats one thing your going to remember if it happens again so there will be no need to panic in future :)
The swimbladder problem you didn't mention so are we right in thinking that this has also stopped ?(y)

Dave

Reaction score
I was feeding the fish today and Marbles tail (same section) is gone again :( Is this kind of normal that because its regenerated its maybe not as strong as it was? Nothing else seems weird in the pond, no other signs of fin rot on any other fish.

I think I could catch him if I needed to, BUT it would be a bit tricky since the net I used to use broke and now I only have a skimming net.

Should I just watch him for any other signs before I attempt catching him? He seems totally fine. swimming eating. No problems.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Could you try carching him Priscilla we need to look at his tail again , I've a feeling it has something to do with the edge of his tail , it may not have regenerated propperly , if thats the case thn its going to keep on doing it from time to time ,
Remember you can use the net to guide him into a conainer withough ever having to touch him just come up at an angle under him then very slowly bring him to the surface and into a container .
Two person job in reality but I know you can recruite friends to help ;)
Then take a good close up and we'll have a look for you

Dave

Ask a Question