JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Does anyone know what this is? It grew from the deepest part of my pond. Nearly reached the surface before this part broke off. It's not anything I planted in the pond, and I definitely want to know what it is so I can decide whether or not to remove it.

IMG_0817 copy.jpg

IMG_0821 copy.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I wish I could remember, but our HOA did a draw-down on the neighborhood “lake.” It was mainly due to some very invasive aquatic weed. I’d never heard of it. Not saying it’s the same thing — all I recall is that it was odd looking, not your typical aqua invasive. Hope it’s not the same thing, since you and I live in totally different parts of the country. Please let us know what you find out!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I wish I could remember, but our HOA did a draw-down on the neighborhood “lake.” It was mainly due to some very invasive aquatic weed. I’d never heard of it. Not saying it’s the same thing — all I recall is that it was odd looking, not your typical aqua invasive. Hope it’s not the same thing, since you and I live in totally different parts of the country. Please let us know what you find out!

I did look through WDNR's list of regulated invasive species and it didn't look like anything on that list.

Does it look like this?

No, I don't think that's it.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
For sure it is a pondweed specie. Hard to say which one, but that's gotta be what it is.

Ask a Question