What is your weather like ... today

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
It's the end of days here!!! Woke up to howling winds and thick smoke from a wildfire that started at 2am. My sister had to evacuate her home, not so much from threat of fire but unable to breath in the heavy smoke. Unfortunately, she runs an on-line store that sells vintage clothing, she's already paid for professional cleaning so she can sell it, now it all smells like smoke. She lives in a rural area where most people have livestock, it's not good. Now I get home from work and it's raining really hard, but the winds still blowing also. Not sure of the fire status, there where two other burning in the area as well. Vintage stuff?
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BlackRockVintage?ref=ss_profile

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Seems like Murphy's Law applies to her also .I hope it all turns out Ok .I know my sons house burned years ago here in VA and his insurance company fought him tooth and nail for the pay out .They were up in NJ and lived in a rural area and no one noticed the fire for awhile .Then he moved back to NJ and lost the house there to the Sandy storm in Keansburg and again had to fight the insurance company .So sad for your sister and hoping she is OK .Smoke can be really bad on your lungs when they are healthy and having problems just makes it 3 times worse

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ours has gone off a couple times but only for less than a minute. Storm supposed to be the strongest tomorrow after 6pm.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks @addy1 it's just doing it's normal drizzly calm day. The wind is supposed to be the biggy w/up to 60miles per hour starting this afternoon through tomorrow. But it's getting to be like the boy who cried wolf so we shall stay safe at home and wait. Except my hubby thinks he needs to run to the store and stock up on his favorite brand of chili that's on sale :rolleyes:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well send him out with water, some food, warm blankets, signal flares, charged phone and say good luck! Then ask is the chili worth it?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just listened to latest weather and not going to be bad inland where we are, storm moved out west over the Pacific ocean so only bad on the coast so we are safe and hubby can go buy all the chili he wants now :woot:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Been nice last couple days. Off Monday. Going to try to get cold frame cover built for upper ponds. Got an idea in my head....
Guppies still outside under a plastic dome, with heater and light. Floating tropicals and guppies all healthy thanks to heater. Got to get them inside house soon!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
chili chili and more chili if it rained his favorite chili he would be really happy .We are supposed to be in the 80's all next week and so far mid 70's and no frost yet .Got mulch yesterday and did 4 gardens so far including where Harley ,Hunter and King Arthur are buried .I planted some new flowers there also for next year .Then divided up a lot of my iris plants and liriopi

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful spring like temps for a while. Enjoying it all.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Storm was nothing IMO and just a bit of rain and a slight breeze now. Tells you that they can only forecast our weather here when it is happening. Not really their fault, we just get the fickle finger of fate award as it's just so unpredictable and can change at every second.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
74 already and they predicted only 67 for us and cloudy, but it is sunny out .I got 8 of the azalea's trimmed so far .Have coffee and then go pic up the trimmings .Not a good time of year to do them but they were storm damaged so no choice

Ask a Question