What microscope

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Down to minus 5 deg celsius on rate occasions
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of buying a microscope but which one. What magnification do I need up too too look for parasites. I have been looking at the Brunel sp27d, but don't have much idea yet. Any help would be great thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
By parasites, do you mean small creatures that are on fish? If so, I'd recommend a stereo dissecting microscope with about 10X, many are zoom types and can run from around 5X-20X. Seeing things in 3d makes a huge difference in spotting things and/or working on them. If you are looking for single cell organisms, you'll want more power and likely not stereo.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Reaction score
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The only other factors I can think of would be microscope lens quality and illumination level.
Microscopes do not use very bright light.
This information is getting above my pay-grade.

Reaction score
The only other factors I can think of would be microscope lens quality and illumination level.
Microscopes do not use very bright light.
Yeah, I was wondering if it has something to do with that, but can find no information about that. To tell you the truth I haven't really searched in a while so I just went through the motions again and did come up with something new.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...digital-eyepiece-camera-dn10-0/10423360.aspx?
This head has a resolution of 3856 x 2764, so definitely HD and under $600, which still seems steep compared to other small gadgets but a lot cheaper than those other ones you posted. The only problem is, it is so new there are no 3rd party reviews or youtube videos online about it yet.

Ask a Question